The CDC currently recommends the following to assess risk for COVID-19:
- Sick employees should be actively encouraged to stay home
- Employees who appear to have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or develop symptoms at work should be separated from other employees and sent home immediately
- Employers should emphasize staying home when sick, as well as etiquette for coughing/sneezing and handwashing by all employees
- Routine environmental cleaning of frequently-touched surfaces like workstations, countertops, and doorknobs
- Employees who are planning to travel should be advised to check the latest travel information from the CDC and check for symptoms of respiratory illness before traveling
Additionally, risk assessments should be based on the above, not on race or country of origin.